Sunday, April 15, 2012

Post Boot Camp post


Sooo, yesterday was the orientation for my Crossfit Boot Camp experience.  I don't think fear begins to describe the emotion that I am having.  Because yesterday was just the orientation.  There wasn't even a "real" work-out, just the fitness test.  Which, by the way, if they were grading, I probably failed.  (Nothing like falling over during squats to really shine, huh?)  But this is why I'm so scared -- that was just the initial test and today I can hardly walk.  I'm actively mentally fighting my inner hater voice that says there's no freaking way I can do this.  The warm-up is a quarter mile run, I could barely do that when I was going to the gym every day.  And they repeatedly said that the fitness test was NOTHING compared to the real work-outs.

What was the fitness test?  All the squats you can do in a minute, all the push-ups you can do in a minute, all the sit-ups in one minute, a broad jump and a timed 800 meter run.  The run almost killed me, especially after the squats.  (At least now I know that's equivalent to half a mile, so I feel pretty good that I at least didn't actually die while doing it.  But then I think -- it's only half a mile and I'm proud I didn't die??)

Their blog mentions a fireman's carry.  Is it even legal to ask someone to carry someone as big as me when there is no actual fire??

And then there is the diet...  They have a really strict caveman diet they expect you to follow, and they're borderline religious about it.  Luckily, BFF Tina has agreed to go on this journey with me and she'll be staying here for the next few weeks so that may make it easier.  Or harder.  It will make it something.  We'll find out on May 11 when it's all over.  

I am going to do the best I can to follow the food program, but giving up milk and dairy products is going to be the hardest part.  Mostly because I'm in total denial about the giving up alcohol part.  There's already one known fall of the wagon because I'm going to Sertoma next weekend and I would honestly rather stay fat forever then not have fun at that.  Sad, but so true. 

Anyways, there's no whining allowed at CrossFit.  But no one ever said I couldn't go on the internet machine and do it here in the privacy of my blog!  :)

If I can lift my arms, I will continue to keep you posted... 

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment