Monday, April 30, 2012

Boxed in

So, I had a bad day.  Not like having a tumor bad, but not great.  Customers yelled at me all day.  We found out we had another leak at one of our rentals.  My hearing aids went on the fritz and ate three batteries.  It seems like something else, but who can remember with all the getting yelled at?

This did not lend itself to me wanting to go to boot camp.  Really, really did not want to go.

Which is apparently the mindset it takes for it to not wind up feeling like torture.  I mean, it was still torture -- but I was able to jump the box tonight!!!!

What, you want that in big print?

I WAS ABLE TO JUMP THE BOX TONIGHT!

Isn't that so fun?  It was just the trashcan size one but who cares?  I conquered my fear of the box and just went for it -- again and again! 

Did I rock the rest of the workouts?  Hell no.  Finished last in the races, et cetera.  But who cares?  At least I was able to conquer one thing. 

And that helped put my bad day in its rightful place. 

1 comment: