Monday, April 2, 2012

If only changing my mind burned calories

So, our neighbors/friends/partners in bad behavior are joining a Crossfit Boot Camp starting this month.  And when they told me this, I am not making this up -- I actually felt a little jealous.  Maybe even more than a little.  And then I realized that there was no reason that I could not join along.

Other than my total complete terror.

So I just decided to pretend that didn't exist and I have just given them my credit card number and signed up.

Yeah, the terror is still there. Here is a link to their website.  It's burpees and push-ups and all of the things I'm not great at and mortified of being mocked about being bad about.

Plus I have this biggest loser fear of puking. 

But, I did the body challenge at our gym and never completely died of shame. [Sidenote: that particular post is very bittersweet to me, since I had such aspirations of being under 200 and this is still a goal I have not met.  Not that I'm super-actively trying or anything, but I digress into beating myself up.]  This seems like it is going to be much, much harder.  But if I was looking for a kickstart, this should be it, right?

So, consequently I won't be swimming yet.  The boot camp is :::gulp::: three nights a week from 7:30 to 8:45 (extra 15 minutes puking time thrown in, apparently) and that's the timeframe I was planning on swimming and lessons, et cetera.  The orientation is Saturday the 14th and then the classes start that Monday. 

And they end the night of my 39th birthday.  Exercise til you puke instead of party til you puke, huh?  I'm so freaking mature!  :)

Have a great Monday -- I'm off work and trying to figure out how to waste my day since I just got up...

hugs,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment