Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cheating on myself

Every weight loss blog has to have one good confessional from time to time, right?

It has not been a great week progress-wise.  Workout on Monday morning felt half-assed.  I think I was suffering from post-race arrogance and tried to do too much too soon.  Not sure, but it was not a stellar performance. 

Monday afternoon I was feeling cruddy and left work early and it carried into Tuesday.  (TMI alert -- turned out to be the period from hell.)  No workout Tuesday.  Wednesday I had a good workout but then my "diet" went to hell.

Let's talk about that for a moment.  Honestly, I'm not on a diet, which is part of the reason I don't talk about that part of it so much here.  Currently, I try to watch what I eat and I have a tracker on my phone that I track the calories of everything I eat -- mostly.  Only this week my tracking went to hell, mostly.  The other thing I do is not drink during the week.  Well, that's the plan.  But Wednesday was such a glorious day and it was my first full day on my earlier schedule, so I was filled with the excitement of getting off work when the sun was out and Scott suggested margaritas on a patio somewhere -- who can resist??  Who has two thumbs and loves a salt-rimmed sour tequila treat??  Of course, by the time we got there, it was a bit too late to drink outside because it was chilly again, but the margarita cannot be denied.  And that continued into too much vino with our neighbors.

Which led to me oversleeping for my workout today.  Ugh. 

Still, I made it tonight and got under a 16 minute mile, which is huge for me.  I tracked all of my food today.  I had a good confessional call with Julia, which purges my soul and helps me talk myself out of the beating myself up cycle.  I mean, look at my first post where I didn't want to talk to people about my weight loss efforts, where I was baby-stepping.  I really have come a long, long way.  I have to keep focusing on that and not get in a cycle of beating myself up.  It's a slippery slope, but talking to you invisible, imagined blog audience really does help a lot. 

Big hugs my imaginary friends!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment