Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lucky

I just wanted to post another quick motivational word which is lucky.

I feel that I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity to explore what my body can do.  To see how I can shape my body from this to whatever the future holds.  Maybe I am intimidated by this 5k on Saturday, but I know that in 4 days I will be able to say that I did that.  Sure, I'm not running really and I'm not going to finish in a time that's going to give Carl Lewis pause, but I am going to be able to say I did it.  Something I have never, ever done before.  Something that even a few months ago if you had told me I was going to be able to do I would have laughed and laughed and then asked you to pass the remote.

I see teeny, microscopic changes in my body all of the time and it is really exciting.  This morning on the treadmill when I looked at my reflection in the window, maybe it was an optical illusion but I thought I could see the outline of my collar bone.  Most skinny girls don't know but this is up there in fat girl fantasy world -- collar bones.  When you're wearing something that exposes your neckline and you can see your collarbones just so, that's one of the ways you know you made it.  (That and your thighs not touching, but as you know from my previous post I have a long way to go for that!!)

So, I'm motivated by the fact that I'm lucky to have this opportunity to make my body do these things.  That I didn't get to a point where I died of pizza overdose or just gave up completely on ever being able to exercise. 

My new mantra is I will do this, because I CAN do this!

Happy Wednesday!
hugs,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment