Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Journey to the Onederland

It wasn't deliberate, but I kind of thought I was going to hold off posting until I could post a triumphant "I made it to the Onederland!" post.  I've been getting so close.  I've seen it on my home scale.  More than once.

But it never stays.  The return to the Onederland feels as elusive as it must have to poor Alice.  And my journey is also strewn with "drink me" and "eat me" taunts.  :)

The Onederland is not something that skinny bitches (er, sorry - healthy women) can relate to.  It is difficult to explain to them without feeling some embarrassment at having to explain that it is a magical place to live where your weight begins with a one.  I mean, even when your weight begins with a one, most women still wish it was lower in the ones.  I will once I get there.

I am concerned that I have a mental block with the Onederland that keeps me from getting there.  I have been actively trying to get to this point since I started this journey a year and a half ago.  Don't despair, I'm not beating myself up for not being farther along.  I own the Summer of Love Handles.  I own all of my journey in between.  It's all good.  But, now I'm close.  Really close.  And I am scared.  Scared I am going to sabotage it or scared I'm going to go crazy in the desire to get there.  Just scared.  When it's been this looming goal for so long and I'm so close, it is really daunting. 

I'm trying to breathe through it.  Just relax...  It will come.  I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and it will come. 

Maybe I need to get back to one of my hot yoga classes...

No comments:

Post a Comment