Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Highs and the Lows

Lately things have been on a bit of a high note in Fat World.  I've been progressing and seeing results.  And I'm in the middle of a week that has a many landmines of challenges ahead and it's very risky.  Because this is bound to make itself known on the scale.  And since I'm so new into the onederland, I am knowingly putting this status in jeopardy.  It's a slippery, slippery slope my friends.  Because I'm here where things have been going good.  And I am putting the sabotage knife to my own throat...

Or am I?

Maybe it's the high note, maybe it's the sangria from dinner (yup, counted that thankyouverymuch) or maybe it's wisdom but this feels different than sabotage.  Here are some differences. 

As noted, I tracked the sangria. 
I planned for most of what I was going to eat.  I mean, planned ahead -- I knew where I was going to be going so I planned what to eat and pre-tracked it.  I've even got food planned for Thursday, indulgent evening number two.
I increased my exercise (by again, you know, doing some).
I went for a walk when I came home from indulgent dinner number one this week.
I skipped cake that was being offered as a celebration this week. 

Here's a low note:  Unfortunately I f*ed up the high cake-skipping note by then having one of the dessert sampler shooter things at Carrabba's tonight.  I can't believe I did this because when I looked it up it was 12 points.  12 freaking points!  Ugh!  And this thing was freaking tiny.  SO pissed.  But from this I regain the humility that is so desperately needed at these high moments.  Feeling self-confident for me can quickly lead to arrogance which leads to feelings of being indomitable which quickly leads back to where I was before.

I'm not going back there.

I have over-indulged.  I may gain weight this week because of it.  These are the facts of life.  And how is that going to be?  1 or 2 pounds?  Maybe.

Is that worth a total backslide and feeling like I'm a loser?  Not really.  It's not like I'm going to put back the 30 pounds (I know, right?  Thirty since this blog started - I love that!)  I lost back on.  I'm just going to have to work harder to over-correct.

I'm writing this because I'm on a high note.  I'm not going to stay on a high note.  There's going to be weeks when I'm going to gain .4 and that will start a shame spiral that will take me to the bottom of a Dorito's bag.  I know it and if you read my blog, you know it too.  That's life.  But it's not my whole life.  It's just a low.  And the highs will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment