Thursday, September 13, 2012

by the numbers

Numbers play a big part inside Heather's fat... I hadn't thought about just how much until recently. I have been using my tablet to read my latest book. While playing around with some of its features, I found  all of the pictures stored in the tablet. Turns out they are mostly from this blog. Lots of scale shots, pictures of times from the dreadmill and some random shots I've taken of myself.
If I wasn't sure about my progress, staring at myself at 229 certainly did the trick.
229.
It hardly seems real now. I go through lots of phases of being hard on myself (fully documented here) for the rate of my progress and keeping track of my highs and lows.  It's been a really interesting journey.  I'm pretty focused on it, because I'm getting close to the official 40 pound mark and these "landmarks" always make me stop and reflect.
And now, I'm focusing on the numbers in general. Here are some of my numbers stream of consciousnesses:
 I'm 6 months away from my 40th birthday, so it seems significant that this is when I'm hitting the 40lb mark.  
The last 20 pounds have been much faster coming off than the first 20, but that's also because I didn't start taking things seriously for a while.
I just hit the 16 week milestone with Weight Watchers.  I was feeling some kind of way about this, until I realized that for the most part I have averaged about a pound a week since I started. Well not quite a pound a week, but close enough and really trending in the right direction.

Speaking of numbers, I've been pecking out this lackluster entry for over an hour.  It's time to call it.  ;)

hugs,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment