Saturday, September 15, 2012

A nod to Norman Rockwell with a Saturday Evening Post

OMG!  I totally want to train for The Great American Mud Fest!!

It's just short of a 5k, so getting to my wheelhouse but it's got a whole bunch of Crossfit like obstacles.  Where would you train?  Who would train you?  SO excited about the idea!

Even though I did too much partying last night, I made up for a bunch of that today.  I got up and once again tried to complete my neighborhood 5k.  This was now my 3rd attempt.  The first time, I posted about because it started to rain and I didn't finish.  The last time I missed the turn and when I figured it out, I tried to circle back but didn't want to circle the whole way back.  Still, I made up almost the whole thing and it was 3.07 when I was done.  I was pretty happy with my time too, all in all -- I did it 43:47, average pace 14:14 per mile.  Well, today I was very cognizant of the turn, but then I was in a really new part of my neighborhood and lost a lot of time looking at the map to make sure I was at the right parts and all that.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that there was ANOTHER turn later, ironically in the most familiar part of my neighborhood -- and that had me completing 3.34 miles instead of 3.10.  My time 48:33 and my pace was 14:30.

Bit of a downscore on the pace, but given that I didn't go to bed until 3 and got up at 8:30 and again, did too much partying the night before -- I think pretty good.  Both times put me well under my first 5k at a finish time of 52:02.

Annnnyways, after I did the run, I decided to mow the lawn for Scott since he had to work this morning.  More activity points, woo hoo!  Then when he got home from work, he swapped out some deck boards and I helped pull a couple of those.  THEN, I got the "bright" idea to take a bunch of the wood debris at the side of the house to the dump.  Which means I loaded a whole bunch of old, wet, rotted deck boards and twigs and so forth back and forth to his truck.  Even MORE activity points!

So, when Scott wanted to have a pizza from one of the better places around for dinner, I felt like despite my partying last night (which I tried to track a fair amount of), I "deserved" the carby treat. I also tracked the pizza (which didn't live up to the reputation entirely) so it's not like I was going off book.  It's just that I really try not to eat this kind of empty points plus thing.  It's just not worth it most of the time.  It cost more points than I really want to spend, for one thing.  And because I frequently eat better than this most of the time, I don't always physically feel good after eating crap.  I can just feel it sitting on my gut.  I think about all of the additional activity I'm going to need to do again to get it off and then it feels even less worth it.

That's all trending in the right direction, huh?  ;-)

hugs,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment