Sunday, August 26, 2012

Group exercise and CAT duty departure

Group exercise is something that I have long had mixed feelings about.  It's just so hard when you have no rhythm keeping up with a group staying in time.  It's the reason I don't do group dances like the macarena or the durned wobble that is everywhere lately.  As I was talking to Scott about how much I've been enjoying the aerobic kickboxing class, he made a comparable statement about the classes.  "I was in a groove on my own. And no one wants that."

Exactly.  But, I finally got to the point where I decided that even though I look and feel quite a bit foolish, the foolishness does not in face take away from the exercise.  I'm still getting a work-out, and increasing the work out of my fellow classmates from the laughter.  :)

Anyways, I started posting that a while back.  What's on my mind now is my pending departure for CAT duty.  Last time I was away, I did pretty well with my weight loss journey.  I maintained the 20 lb loss I had prior and even managed to lose 5 more pounds.  It's when I got back that I fell off track.  I was out of sorts from being gone and wanting to celebrate my return.  That celebration was later dubbed the Summer of Love Handles and it took me some time to get back on track and feel motivated again.   I'm writing this as I take a brief break from packing.  I'm feeling anxious about my progress.  My commitment to myself is to focus on maintaining only.  12 hour work days are going to make it challenging to want to exercise and to stay on track with my diet.  Wish me luck and I'll try to stay in touch while I'm gone!

hugs,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment