Saturday, February 12, 2011

Body challenge post

Today was the first official work out of the body challenge.

OMG.

I'm writing this as soon as possible, because I don't think I'll be able to use my arms much longer. :)

It was an hour strength circuit. Speed moves on arms, legs and abs with a dash of cardio thrown in to make sure your heart rate never drops. It was intense. Some of the things I couldn't even do, particularly anything that involved upper body strength. No push-ups, for sure. Mountain climbers? Fuhgeddaboutit. I tried my darnedest though and I'll keep trying and keep pushing because I'm going to do this thing!

And in 4 weeks we're going to be doing a 5k! Yikes! I'm trying to work up to being able to at least walk a 15 minute mile, so that way if I can walk/run it I'll at least finish under 45 minutes. Because the day of the 5k, we're still going to work out afterwards! Yikes again!

And my weight loss? 4 lbs on their scale -- 6 on mine, but with less clothes. :)

My first goal is to be under 200 at the end of the challenge, really. I'd like to win, sure. But, to lose 24 pounds in 12 weeks is totally do-able, especially with the amount of working out I've been doing.

I'm all over the place. Time to eat!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! You already lost 6 pounds?! You rock! That's great, and it's so motivating when you start to see results.

    ReplyDelete