Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spinach pie

My oh my!

I got an iPhone and downloaded many, many apps right from the bat. Two of them have become my favorites -- the SparkPeople Recipe app and My Fitness Pal. If you don't know SparkPeople, head over there. GREAT resource for dieting tips and recipe central. I love the comments on the recipes -- they're usually along the lines of "this was really great, but I changed these 14 things." If it was so great, why did you do over the whole recipe? But it does give you a lot of pointers for tweaking, which is great. But, don't be fooled. We made a no bread egg mcmuffin knock off that was a bit of a disaster. DEFINITELY sort recipes by the number of ratings and then the highest rated. It may have 5 stars, but if only 7 people have posted that -- pass. I need more feedback. But, this was one of their recipes and it's super-good. I also tweaked it and added a little Canadian bacon, but it's still about 160 calories per slice so perfect lunch or breakfast.

The Fitness Pal app allows me to track what I'm eating and the exercise I'm doing. That way I can monitor my progress a little, plus it gives you little pep talks at the end of the day like "if you keep eating this way, you'll weigh 214 in 5 weeks." I mean, hello -- that's under 220, which is my first goal and knocking on the next 10 lbs -- SWEET!

It's time to go ni-ni -- have a good night!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment