Sunday, January 30, 2011

late night rambling

I was sitting up late, trying to video chat in vain with Tina. We couldn't get our technology right. But we were swapping stories about things we did to get active this week. And I realized that I really am heading in the right direction...

This week, I worked out on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. I made it 30 minutes on Sunday and Wednesday and Monday and Thursday I made it 20. I just didn't go today because I spent from 10:30 until 1 cleaning the devil out of my kitchen and living room. I'm tackling the bedroom tomorrow, but I do think that it was a bit of a work out. Especially washing the dogs.

And so, maybe the scale isn't going to reflect it because my eating habits still leave a lot to be desired. But, even though I'm getting ready to do this competition -- I have a lot of old sedentary me in me that I'm fighting with. So, I'm going to give myself kudos for doing as much as I did, and just keep trying to move forward.

I need to get the weights in, but the tutorial at the gym was so sucky and I'm a bit intimidated.

My next goal is to try to incorporate my poor underexcised dogs in this by taking them for a walk at least once a day. I would love to be able to get up in the morning and take them before work. What are some tips to motivate me to get up earlier? Let me know if you think of anything. I'd need to get up by 6:30 or earlier to be able to take them on a 30 minute walk before I go to work. It's a lot of prep. I'd have to have my shoes and my walking stuff ready, pop out of bed and then get them peed and in their leashes quickly. That's one of the things that intimidates me -- everything would have to fall into place just so.

So, that's the late night. Not as much exercise this weekend as I hoped, but large chunks of my house are so much cleaner that it's totally worth it!

kisses,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment