Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hmmm, the last "testing" post was because blogger has a text to blog feature. I sent out a testing to see if it would work and then got a text back that said -- yay! It worked. So, then I text-posted a much longer update, which of course did not work at all. Clearly, it's sit at the computer and do it or nothing at all. Luckily, you didn't miss much -- I was just confessing to skipping a workout on Tuesday.

The biggest loser competition at the gym starts in 9 days. There is a check list of things you should do to get ready. One of them is that you should drink 1 oz of water for every 1/2 pound of your weight. (So, if you weighed 100 lbs, you'd be drinking 50 oz of water.) Well, you already know how much I weigh, so I was a bit daunted by that. I did the math. That's like 6 oz for every hour you're awake. Of course, your smarmier folks were all "that's what you're supposed to do anyways." Really? Well, suck it -- that's a lot of water and a LOT of peeing. I know, I hit it today. But it was a bit of effort and I was not enjoying it. I mean, the water is fine but the enforcement of it felt like punishment and the having to pee all the time was not exactly a walk in the park either.

But, that's fine. The trainers want me to quit my job and drink water, pee and work out all the time. And think of all the weight I'll lose from not having money to buy food!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I should be drinking 90 oz. according to this!! That's insane!! Do you like herbal tea? That's the only way I can get in enough water. We have hot water at work and I have an insulated water bottle. I buy a variety of Celestial Seasonings so I don't get bored. Obviously it's more expensive than water, but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete