Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Certain girls...

"There are always those girls -- you know, the ones whose stocking seams were always straight, whose hair was perfectly waved." - Margaret Leroy "The Soldier's Wife"

The book is set in the 40's during WW II. But don't we all still know (and loathe) this kind of girl? The girl who just seems to have it all together. Who seems to make no effort to be gorgeous and not understand why cellulite is a problem?

I am never going to be one of those women. What I struggle with,really, is both being okay with that and then further not letting their existence affect me.

I am who I am. I can work out tons and eat right and lose whatever the magic amount of weight is but I'm never going to be one of those girls. And those girls they don't have anymore in common with me and my struggle than I do with them and whatever their struggle is.

But I did love this line. It resonated...

No comments:

Post a Comment