Thursday, January 3, 2013

Getting back on track



Second quickie workout at Planet Fitness.  I am strongly considering making the full on move...  I really hate having two gym memberships and I'm not really feeling paying almost twice as much monthly for my old gym.  My new gym is way bigger, way snazzier and offers way more benefits. My old gym?  Well, it's a scosh closer.  So, if I do finally start doing those early morning workouts again (cue non-stop laughter), there is a slight advantage to the old gym.  But, I don't know if it's enough of an advantage to earn my money.  

I guess I'm just shaking up things all over.  Went back to fat church tonight and went to a different meeting so a friend could come with me.  I really loved the vibe in my old meeting, but there are some factors that are keeping me out including just the timing.  And a slight focus on routine tonight  as a meeting topic really helped seal the deal that I'm going in the right direction.  

Here's the plan and I hope you can help keep me on track.  I'm starting out relatively slowly with a plan to workout at a gym three days a week -- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  In addition to the gym on Thursdays, that's going to be my regular fat church day so it'll be a long day.  I think this is a reasonable goal to keep.  

And look -- I'm not so far off, even with my 2 month hiatus.  I did a 15 minute mile, which isn't too far from where I was at the 5k.  It may have been faster, but when I can't jog I try to jack up the incline in between so I'm still getting an extra workout.  I think this affects my time, but whatever.  I'm not trying to set the world on fire.

Anyways, I'm really happy about where 2013 is starting.  In fact, I'm just pretty happy in general.  It's kind of a weird feeling for me, frankly.  I'm just not used to generally feeling happy.  Especially when my house is a mess and there's been some family tension and work is weird (coming back to reality has been so much harder than I thought) and... Well, you get the idea.  I just feel like I'm coming into myself.  And that makes me happy.  It turns out -- I really like me.  Who knew?




(((HUGS)))
            Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment