Monday, November 7, 2011

A Whiny Musical Interlude

Even if you're not a musical fan, you probably have heard at least a portion of Maria's gleeful song from West Side Story "I Feel Pretty." 

Yeah, well, my most recent setback has me singing a similar tune in my head, only it goes "I feel lumpy -- oh so lumpy and dumpy and gray!"

I know that I should just keep my head up and my resolve strong, but it's just brutal.  I've got some kind of sinus infection thing (my godmother calls it the Tidewater crud) and I've had a red nose from vacillation between clogged and runny for about a week.  I did make one foray to the gym last week at the on-set, but it got progressively ickier and harder to breathe so I've been pretty much seat-bound since.

And not feeling well also lends itself to less than wise eating habits.  Which means that I'm not doing the best job of controlling my environment and just mindlessly sticking food down my throat to make myself feel better.

Which only makes me feel worse because I can't move either.

Kiosk says that she has all kinds of workout routines planned out so she never has an excuse not to exercise.  I'm not sure how to get around the not being able to breathe through my nose thing though.  Am I just being too wimpy?  Or too hard on myself for not being more of a bad-ass? 

I'm not sure.  But I do know that between my red clogged nose and my general lumpiness, every time I pass a mirror I just try to avert my gaze and get past that as quickly as possible.  Which makes putting on my make-up and doing my hair pretty interesting, I gotta say! 

I'm weighing myself and luckily there hasn't been any upward scale activity as a result of my downward mobility, but I'm just afraid that I'll do like I always do and let this set back set me all the way back. 

I think it's a good sign that I am anxious because I can't exercise, but if I'm not pushing myself to get up and try I'm not sure how good of a sign it is...  I guess time will tell.

Venting,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment