Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Exercise your earworm

I have been listening to the same 30 minute-ish work-out list on my iPod for a long time.  Mostly because I've been too lazy to tweak it.  Tonight, I finally got inspired and decided to re-vamp it.  Here's the finished product for your perusal...

Bring Me To Life 3:59 Evanescence    27
Rolling In the Deep 3:48 Adele 21 Pop
Pump It 3:33 The Black Eyed Peas Monkey Business Hip-Hop/Rap  31
Moves Like Jagger (Studio Recording from "The Voice" Performance) [feat. Christina Aguilera] 3:21 Maroon 5 Hands All Over (Deluxe Version) Pop
Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) 3:51 Katy Perry Teenage Dream Pop
Sex On Fire 3:23 Kings of Leon Only By the Night (Deluxe Version) Alternative  35
Jump Around 3:36 House of Pain  Hip Hop  27
Animal 3:32 Neon Trees Habits (Bonus Track Version) Alternative  26
Misery 3:36 Maroon 5 Misery - Single Pop  12
Raise Your Glass 3:23 P!nk Greatest Hits...So Far!!! Pop  5
Stayin' Alive 4:45 Bee Gees Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack  56
When You Were Young 3:40 The Killers Sam's Town Rock  28
Bad Romance 4:54 Lady Gaga Bad Romance   43


The list starts with Bring Me to Life because I first created a target time list when I did the 5k in March.  I liked that it started kind of slow, but that slow guitar riff that builds gives me just enough oomph to push off.  Now, I'm kind of hooked on it being the starting song because I've used it that way for so long.
Rolling in the Deep is a new addition, but I've been wanting to see if it has the right sounds to get me going for a while.  I LOVE Adele, but not sure if she's going to be right for work-out material.
Pump It has long been a regular for obvious reasons.  That's usually when I start my first serious running attempt (I'm working on a running post now). 
Moves and Friday Night are also new additions.  I'm a little anxious about Friday Night because I'm not sure if it's going to be fast enough in the refrain to get me going, but I just get such a kick out of the song that I decided to give it a whirl.  But, I LOVE the Moves song and it hasn't quite been overplaid on the radio just yet. 
Sex on Fire has also long been on the list.  When I first heard this song, it practically wanted to make me write a movie just so there could be a montage of a guy training to this song.  And then I realized that Vision Quest and Rocky have already been made.  Perhaps my movie would be a female version of one of these?  Ooops, no -- Hilary Swank did the chick Karate Kid already. 
Jump Around...  Well, I mean -- I've got the skills, come get your pills??  I am that person in the gym who motions along to this song when it comes on.  Every morning I'm making gun gestures and yes, I have actually mimed "smacking your ho" in that line.  It's 6am, and I do not have time for shame.

I've always tried to time it so that song comes at about the end.  Because usually by the end, I am praying for death and need the kick in the pants that it gives me.  So, the last 10-20 minutes are really just fluff in case I want to shuffle.  And because some of them have been on there since the original list. 

I'm really excited to go get started with this one tomorrow, so perhaps I have been remiss in not playing with my lists more often.  On the other hand, I liked the sound association of the other list where I would hear certain songs and just get automatically kicked in to gear. 

Let me know what you're listening to....
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment