Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Running down a dream

Sometimes I think my blog should be called how I wish I were a runner. Or Runner Hater. Well, not hater but envier to be sure.

I see people running everywhere. They make it look so easy. So natural. Like anyone could just pick up and sail with their feet over concrete and dreadmills.

Not so.

I really do not believe runners intentionally mock me. But.... In the early morning, when I go to the gym sometimes it seems like the only people on the dreadmill are runners. Sometimes it's a comedy of sorts. I'm the only one on the dreadmill then as people get on around me they're all runners. And yes, it does seem spiteful. I mean, you are nowhere to be found and then fat girl tries to run and you just show up to glide along?? Really?? With long sleeves on and not even breaking a sweat - and you're not mocking me? I just don't entirely buy it.

I fear that this is something I will struggle with for some time to come.
Maybe, probably I will never be a "runner". It just seems so unfathomable. To just pick up and start running. For more than a minute. And not from a criminal or a crime scene.

Maybe, probably that's okay.

But maybe it's not.

I mean, worst case I get in better shape by continuing to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment